Everkids is a playhouse and learning center for children under the age of 6. It provides children with toys and tools that inspire their creativity and encourages their need to explore their surrounding world. It creates a comforting environment for the children’s caregivers as well to have a relaxing time while the little ones are playing.
We are looking for two individuals with the following requirements to help us run the playhouse.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred. Extensive experience in a similar role may be substituted for all of part of the educational requirements.
- Must have excellent customer service, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must have experience or interest in working with children and families in a highly diverse informal educational setting.
- Practical understanding of ages and stages of child development.
- Knowledge of basic telephone and PC functions including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain focus and professional demeanor in a highly demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a minimal degree of supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with the general public.
- Must be able to interact effectively and respectfully with adults as well as children.
- Must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to learning and innovation.
- Open and close Welcome Desk computer systems according to defined procedures.
- Perform cashier duties including handling cash, check and charge transactions.
- Promote and sell PlayHouse’s admissions, memberships, and programs.
- Clean and maintain an organized and well-stocked front desk area and assist in exhibition cleaning and organizing on a daily basis. Perform general and spot cleaning in other areas as needed.
- Interact with the general public and privately booked groups, school groups, and birthday parties and ensure an excellent experience for all visitors.
- Clerical work: answering and directing phone calls, data entry and other duties as assigned.
- Check-in and direct guests for workshops and programs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
- Work hours (for two employees) are:
Mon/Wed/Fri 9am-6:30 pm
Sat/Sun 10:30 am-6:30pm
- Includes weekdays, weekends and some evenings and holidays.
“For questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org”